Since I'm sure Kristin and I have well exceeded our 250 text/month quota, I thought I would respond to the most popular questions in one fell swoop rather than text by text...
10. Wolfie was born at 7 lbs. 4 oz. AND 20.5" (finally got a length measurement).
9. He is currently very pink, not blue (cyanotic). Hooray!
8. No surprises in his recent echocardiogram; all the structures in his heart are as expected.
7. Kristin has been recovering exceptionally well. She was and is B-A.
6. Wolfie is a very calm baby (except when being poked); I'm also assured that--even though the nurses clearly say it to all the parents--he is, in fact, very cute.
5. How he got his name: Samuel comes from Samuel Hamilton, my favorite character from East of Eden. Jerry is named after Kristin's dad. Wolfie is short for Wolfgang, the affectionate nickname given by Kristin's AP Literature class. It started as a joke, but it kind of stuck. Could be a tough transition for some people...myself included!
4. Yes, our personal trainer, Mark, did actually call me just moments before Wolfie's birth. No, I did not answer.
3. Yes, Wolfie was born with hair. But sadly no, not enough to make him either a real wolfman or a wookie.
2. Wolfie's first surgery, the Norwood procedure including the (Sano shunt) is tentatively scheduled for Monday, March 21, 2011.
1. Yes, at this point Wolfie is as healthy as he can be given his heart condition. As are we with ours.