It’s Jason’s first Father’s Day, and I’d like to take a moment to thank him for a few little things that make a big difference to me:
1. When Sam screeches every time I attempt to transfer him from my arms to the crib (usually around midnight), Jason somehow magically gets him to go to sleep while I get to pass out in our bed. This is why Jason has nicknamed himself "The Sam Whisperer."
2. Jason is the one who gets up for Sam’s 6 am meds and bottle each morning so that I can sleep in a little. And he almost never complains about it.
3. Jason stays up each night to pull and label Sam’s meds for the next day. This is a precise and time-consuming process, and it saves me a lot of time and stress the next day. Jason is also the ones who cleans all the syringes, and we go through at least 15 a day.
4. No matter how tired and grumpy he is, Jason is always all-smiles when it comes to Sam. When Jason picks up a sleepy and somewhat grouchy Sam, both of their faces light up when Sam realizes he's being held by his daddy.
5. Even when I’m exhausted and half asleep, Jason makes me stand up to hug him. He always sees that we make time for each other, reminding me that no matter how much energy we spend on Sam, our marriage comes first.
Happy Father’s Day, babe! Sam is one lucky little guy.